Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Contrast These Two Speeches: Has America Lost its Dream?

In one of those strange co-incidences, I was clicking on links friends had posted on Facebook and ended up watching these two speeches in sequence.

America Today: No Longer the Greatest, Not Much of a Dream
OK. This isn't an authentic speech by an actual candidate for president. But oh, how I wish it were!

America 49 Years Ago: We Had A Dream I know this is an authentic speech, because I was there when Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr delivered it on August 28, 1963 at the Lincoln Memorial here in Washington. Despite all the tumult of those days -- assassinations, riots, unrest -- we had hope that we were making a better America. A hope that, for me, was briefly rekindled four years ago. But all too briefly.

No comments:

Post a Comment